[Tfug] Exchange Mail

Jeremy Rogers JDRogers at optics.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 12 16:39:37 MST 2003

Hmmm...  I think I mistakenly said crossover when I meant to say connector.

After looking into this, crossover office is a comercial product by codeweavers that allows you to install msoffice (including outlook) and some other windows apps under linux:
http://www.codeweavers.com/site/products/cxoffice/
You still need to buy or own the app.

Connector is a product from ximian tha is an extention to evolution (also by ximian, but evol. is gnu) that allows for connecting to exchange as an exchange client (i.e. not pop or imap).
http://www.ximian.com/products/connector/
This enables calandering and all that stuff in addition to email. Ximian Connector is not GNU and requires a licensing fee. I have not yet tried any of the above, so please correct or eleborate if I am wrong.

Cheers,
JDR