[Tfug] qwest/msn

Lawrence LaBranche capdiamont.labranche at us.army.mil
Fri Dec 5 13:31:48 MST 2003

On Friday 05 December 2003 11:16, keith smith wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that qwest is offering DSL for $29.99 a month with no
> ISP charge if you select MSN.
>
> I wonder what effect this will have on our local ISP's
>
> Keith
I have been using it since Oct here in Fort Huachuca. Only two times has it
been down. I have the modem, a Arescom NetDSL 800, connetcted to a Nework
Everywhere 4 port router. From there it goes to all my computers. Two laptops
and two desktops. I'm running Linux on one desktop and one laptop. The other
two computers are running winXP. All can access the net just fine. I'm
writing this on my Linux Desktop in KMail, set to send/recieve everyhour. I
was having problems when I first set the modem in XP using the USB
connection, no problems ever since using the ethernet connection. If I have
problems with my dsl, i connect the modem, and chat online with their techs.
If you have any problems, or want any help. I'll try my best.

--
-Lawrence LaBranche