[Tfug] qwest/msn

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 12:31:09 MST 2003

When you say modem - Do you mean the actiontec or the 678 or is there yet another?

>From my experience - I ran a 678 and tried the actiontec. The 678 was by far the better.  From the 678 I went into my hub.  A gateway, dns settings, and unique IP and all was well.

How did your config differ?

Thanks a bunch, Keith

Ryan Quinn <ryan at yournetplus.com> wrote:
I initially installed it on a WinXP box and that never worked right..
the installer failed, it couldnt find the modem, etc..

When I plugged it into my RH Box it seemed to work ok..

The majority of the problems I had were between the modem and MSN's
network. Since the modem is managed via a web interface the OS behind
it shouldnt have made a difference. I never did manage to get it to
work under XP.

Sincerely,
Ryan Quinn
Web Administrator