[Tfug] FWD: RUSSELL PAVLICEK: "The Open Source"

Kasey O'Connor tfug@tfug.org
Wed Sep 18 15:40:02 2002

OpenBSD as a secure OS?  OpenBSD may say they are the most secure and robust
OS, but they also backdoor their software so people like you that go, "Oh
yeah, its openbsd, it must be secure", can be penetrated.  You should go
check out how when GOBBLES posted sshutuptheo and their apache backword
memcpy() exploit and see how the defacement sites went higher then any other
os in that month.  And don't forget how theo pretended that these types of
exploits, (backword memcpy() on bsd) bugs didnt work.  This whole thing
about being secure and which os is better, and what linux app you use makes
me sick of the industry, I remember when it was all about learning and
finding stuff out and not about views and what people think from an article
they read instead of trying it out for themselves.

There is no such thing as security.

Just because you use linux, openbsd, or windows does not make you secure
even if you are all patched, most hackers that actually hack do not tell
anyone about their bugs which is why boasting that some os is more secure
then others is really stupid.

It also makes me sick that people lie on their resume's and portray
themselves as some kind of geek gods or something making it harder for us
little guys to get work.

Just a thought.  Do not send me e-mail to tell me that im wrong, because you
prove my point.  Just ignore this message.