[Tfug] LAN hostnames

Jon tfug@tfug.org
Wed Sep 18 11:58:01 2002

Ok, I got my hands on one of these actiontecs. Here's the real deal:

By default the the dhcp pool is an entire class C. This is
stupid. Change that pool to begin at 192.168.0.2 and end at 192.168.0.16
or something reasonable.

Now set your internal machines to something outside (above) that pool. Now
goto /etc/hosts and map the machine names to their IP's you have assigned.

All done.

Jon