[Tfug] LAN hostnames

tfug@tfug.org tfug@tfug.org
Tue Sep 17 09:17:02 2002

Are you still using NAT and DHCP? If so then just statically assign your
boxes and IP outside the DHCP range but still in the correct subnet. If al
your boxes will be needing statially assigned IP's then I would disable
DHCP.
Then put your entries in /etc/hosts. No need to bother with DNS until
you're ready to run your own name servers for the purpose of running
services from those boxes.
Jon