[Tfug] oh joy...

Choprboy tfug@tfug.org
Sun Sep 15 14:19:01 2002

On Sunday 15 September 2002 12:18 pm, Ammon Lauritzen wrote:
> Jon wrote:
>
> http://msn-cnet.com.com/2100-1001-957988.html?type=pt&part=msn&tag=cdf&form
>=base&subj=cn_fd
>
> Just make sure that you either disable SSL in your apache config file,
> or upgrade to the latest release (0.9.6g - Redhat 7.2 comes with
> 0.9.6.b) if you are actually using the service.

The SSL library with the fix is 0.9.6e. As I understand, if your running the
updated RedHat packages within the last couple monthes, RedHat back-ported
the fixes to earlier versions.

And... Oh... This worm has been out in the wild about a week now. According to
the article, an estimated 3,500 machine are infected. Yawn.............

How many Windows machines were infected in the first week of Code Red??? I
don't recall, but the figure for the first 9 hours was 250,000.

Adrian