[Tfug] router/firewall distro

Angus Scott-Fleming tfug@tfug.org
Sat Sep 14 10:59:01 2002

On 13 Sep 2002 at 19:13, Gordon C. Zaft  wrote:

> 	For what it's worth, I recently put a ClosedBSD firewall/gateway.  It
> seems to do everything I need it to and it's pretty trivial to deal with.

Biggest downside that I can see to ClosedBSD is this one from the FAQ:

Q:  Can I log into a ClosedBSD system remotely?
A:  No. The only way to access this machine is through the keyboard and
    monitor.

This means I have to keep a keyboard attached and lug a monitor over to the
firewall when I need to monitor it.

Having a firewall accessible through SSH makes it much more manageable.
--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona