[Tfug] Actiontec R1520SU

Paul Scott tfug@tfug.org
Tue Sep 10 22:56:01 2002

Harry and anyone else interested:

The "DSL Modem' that QWest now provides (leases) for Linux and Mac's is
the Actiontec R1520SU.  It is called a Wireless-Ready DSL Gateway.  It has:

Interface Ports:
Internet (WAN): ADSL RJ11 (pin 3 and 4)

Network (LAN): 4-Port 10/100 Mbps Ethernet switch, USB

PC Card: Two PCMCIA expansion slots
Top slot for wireless 802.11b PC Card*
Bottom slot for additional networking or multimedia PC Card*

ADSL Features
Embedded full-rate ADSL Modem
Compliant with T1.413, G.dmt and G.lite G.dmt full-rate connectivity at
up to 8 Mbps downstream, 860 Kbps upstream
Up to 18,000 feet loop reach (over standard loops)**

Out of the box it is now connecting my two machines with no setup.

I haven't finished connecting the DSL yet but I will report back about that.

Paul Scott