[Tfug] Sprite encrusted laptop

Harry McGregor tfug@tfug.org
Tue Sep 10 14:01:01 2002

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 cowell@email.arizona.edu wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am the Newbie who came to the last TFUG meeting who had the unfortunate
> incident of getting Sprite spilled all over my laptop.  I am writing to thank
> Harry for taking the time to take my laptop apart and fixing it.  I would
> have about freaked out if it was not done and, needless to say, I would not
> have figured out how to clean it.

Your welcome.  I just hope that whoever it was that spilled it
at least appologieses for it.  We must have spent a good 2-3 hours
cleaning that laptop, but it looks like we did what was needed.

> Anyway, another person loaned me some Isopropyl Alcohol (70%) to help clean
> up my system whom I would also like to thank.  But with this person, I would
> also like to replace the Alcohol.

Well, that was John Morrow, who is the physics teacher for the school we
were at, as well the technology director.

> Since I work in a Chemistry lab, I can
> get 100% Isopropyl alcohol (the good stuff).  I will bring it to the next
> meeting and I can bring extra for anyone else who wants this to clean their
> computers with.

I am sure John would love it for some of the in class experiments he does
(70% does not cut it for many of them, the reason he had the 70% was left
overs from purchasing buying the wrong stuff).

> I think I can swing a couple of liters in some small containers
> for anyone who wants them.  Let me know.

I would sure be interested in a litle bit of it, great for cleaning
contacts on electronics, and so forth.

		Harry