[Tfug] YO BOWIE:

David C. Lorenzo tfug@tfug.org
Mon Sep 9 16:16:01 2002

Knowledge _IS_ power!!  I didn't have the money to buy a router, so I made
one this last weekend using my wife's old system (pentium 133, 48MB ram,
no harddrive) and FreeSCO linux.  Runs from a floppy disk/hardrive,
includes a built-in web server that serves up a nice simple router
administration page (behind the cable modem, safe & secure from the world)
configured with NAT and DHCP.  Supports up to 3 NIC cards and 2
modems...I've got 4 computers on my network.  FreeSCO is very easy to
setup, you just need some knowledge of how networks work.  The
documentation is pretty good and the interactive instructions are great!

-Cory-

David C. Lorenzo
University of Arizona
College of Agriculture