[Tfug] Licensing for a forked project

marcia wilbur marcia.k.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 01:05:01 MST 2018

Alright!!! I know this one!

*Note:* If you publish your source code in a public repository on GitHub,
according to the Terms of Service
<https://help.github.com/articles/github-terms-of-service>, other GitHub
users have the right to view and fork your repository within the GitHub
site.

*within - man... within*

"However, without a license, the default copyright laws apply, meaning that
you retain all rights to your source code and no one may reproduce,
distribute, or create derivative works from your work. If you're creating
an open source project, we strongly encourage you to include an open source
license. The Open Source Guide
<https://opensource.guide/legal/#which-open-source-license-is-appropriate-for-my-project>
 provides additional guidance on choosing the correct license for your
project." - Github

https://help.github.com/articles/licensing-a-repository/