[Tfug] Face to face meetingplace

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Mon Oct 9 15:37:48 MST 2017

On 2017-10-05 19:12, techlists at phpcoderusa.com wrote:
> I don't think there is a decline in Linux usage, if anything I think
> usage has increased substantially.  Linux is main stream.  I think the
> culture surrounding Linux has changed and those guys and gals using
> Linux 18 years ago might have grown up or old.  I think Linux was
> counter culture 20 years ago and now everyone is using it.  I watched
> the decline in the lists.  10 years ago the PLUG and TFUG were alive,
> as
> was AZPHP.  Now they are ghost towns.

This is definitely the case. I started using Linux in 2000. I was
single, a student, etc. Many of my friends and colleagues using Linux
were the same. Now many years later I'm married with kids, less spare
time to do stuff :) I'm still pretty passionate about Linux and open
source (I work for Red Hat and I'm a Debian Maintainer), but the actual
time I have for running installfests and going to meetups is
significantly less.

By the way, hi, I'm kinda new here. I moved to Tucson from South Africa
at the end of last year.

--
Raoul Snyman
+1 (520) 490-9743