[Tfug] Newbie question

techlists at phpcoderusa.com techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Wed Oct 4 20:00:15 MST 2017

Around 2000 to maybe 2002 or 2003 TFUG used to meet.  And I seem to
recall meetings around 1999 or 2000 at the Tucson newspaper facility.

I attended for a short while in 2002.  I always enjoyed the meetings.
Nothing like meeting in person as a group.  I now live in Phoenix and
have attended the PLUG meetings.  I always enjoy them, however they meet
for a presentation and then everyone leaves.  I wish there was a meeting
I could go to with my laptop and get some pointers on how to do things
like apply a driver.... etc.  I think those types of meetings would be
fun and I think I would learn a lot.

TFUG has always been a group that does not like structure.

I think most Linux groups do not meet much anymore.  And take a look at
the lists.  They used to be very busy.  I belong to two Linux lists and
AZPHP.  All three lists are like a ghost town these days.  10 to 15
years ago they were alive.  What happened?  I miss the good old days!!

Tucson Free Unix Group - tfug at tfug.org
Subscription Options:

Links:
------