[Tfug] Newbie question

marcia wilbur marcia.k.wilbur at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 17:25:11 MST 2017

We were doing meetups at Gangplank and had some interest in holding
meetings at HeatSync.
Our hands on sessions included Docker and git but soon turned into
Raspberry pi sessions.
Lisa took over the group about a year ago and I had a break but I recently
became "interim" president. We called our group "Copper LUG" so we could
include everyone.
I tried to hold online meetings - so now the focus is -

L i/o ve Phoenix.
We wanted the Phoenix convention center but right now I'm booking a hotel
in Phoenix close to the airport.
At any rate, we will know the venue soon and put up registration.

CFP is coming in March.

No one really wants to go to these Linux meetings. I think we had 10 max
people attend.
However, a conference - with exhibits and sponsors, may be more worthwhile
for zonians.

If you look at all the companies here with Linux admins and users:
Microchip
Intel (Although, not happy they use Ubuntu)
Limelight
GoDaddy
Expedia
Amex

and so so so many more.... a conference makes sense.