[Tfug] Tucson company looking for Site Operations Engineer

Raoul Snyman raoul at snyman.info
Tue Aug 1 12:05:16 MST 2017

Hi folks,

A friend of mine works for SigFig, and they're looking for some Site
Operations Engineers, specifically with Linux experience.

The job description is below. If you're interested, contact me off-list.

We're looking for a Site Operations Engineer to join our team and of
first responders for our 24x7 operations. Sigfig's enterprise platform
powers automated investment services for some of the largest financial
institutions in the world. We need someone with a proven track record in
troubleshooting and resolving network outages to ensure the stability
and performance of our enterprise platform.

WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:

     Analyze, triage, and resolve production issues using runbook
procedures
     Ensure incidents are resolved within the SLA window
     Thoroughly document any issues that cannot be resolved and require
escalation.
     Manage prioritization of ticket queue in the ticketing system,
providing and owning escalations of issues and escalation procedures
     Perform system health checks and ensure proper communication occurs
between shifts
     Work cross-functionally with Infrastructure and Engineering teams to
perform project work when required
     Assist SRE and DevOps Engineers in generating new runbook procedures
     Provide first point of contact for partner technical issues (inbound
and outbound)

WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEBODY WITH:

     Experience working with and troubleshooting Linux operating systems
     Experience with monitoring and alerting tools
     Experience working with DC hosting providers and ISPs for
trouble-ticket tracking and resolution
     Strong knowledge of Jira/Confluence ticketing systems
     Experience with shell scripting and at least one other scripting
language such as perl, python or ruby
     Prior experience in a Site Operations, Help Desk, or IT Support role
preferred
     Exceptional communication skills - written and verbal, with the
demeanor to carry out and interpret instructions, documentation, and
procedures
     Roll your sleeves up and get it done attitude - a self starter with
minimal supervision
     Team oriented - willing to help out others in the organization
     Must be able to work 12 hour shifts

PERKS & BENEFITS:

     Competitive compensation packages
     Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their
dependents
     Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
     Catered lunches daily and a kitchen stocked full of drinks and
snacks
     Fitness subsidy
     Commuter subsidy

--