[Tfug] C2Q or Xeon

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:38:35 MST 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 8:43 PM, Steve B <steveb7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking to replace my computer with something newer (to me). I have an
> opportunity to get either a Dell T3400 with a C2Q or a T3500 with a Xeon for
> a very attractive price.

As you're talking 2009-era tech, either will likely be fully supported
in any OS you choose.  I'd go with the T3500, as it's got a nehalem
era CPU (i3/5/7 equivalent) and can take DDR3 ram, whereas the T3400
uses DDR2 which costs about double per gig these days.

Alternatively if you could buy something modern with a processor
upgrade path, like a Haswell era board with a G3258, would probably be
better off than either of those.

- Zack