[Tfug] Marcia So, this is an Ubuntu Hour AZ Loco event? Will, users have ample opportunity to install other distros?

n30 NeoNetNinja at azloco.com
Thu Feb 19 16:33:25 MST 2015

Marcia et al.,

I, personally, am no more particular to Ubuntu than I am to FreeBSD or
PuppyLinux. There just happened to be a responsive/active AZLOCO IRC
chan on freenode when I happened to research Unix/Linux groups in my
area a while back. During one of the Tucson install fests in the future
that we'll be having (hopefully;) I would be happy to demonstrate
installing FreeBSD with full disk encryption as well. I purposely made
this a Unix/Linux installfest for several reasons one of them being that
I am NOT particular to any distro and your qualms with Ubuntu I share as
well. When they made the Amazon "lens", or whatever they call it, I
voiced my disgust along with many other Unix/Linux/FOSS advocates.

This will actually be my first installfest (I have meager resources
financially and can't afford a trip to Phx every week;) and I encourage
you to join us so we can all discover together what a real installfest
should be about. I think we share the same, or at least similar, ethos
about Unix/Linux and FOSS as many in the AZ area do.

I hope to see you, AZLOCO, and many others, there.

Kind regards,
n30

NeoNetNinja at azloco.com