[Tfug] Installfest in Peoria, AZ

marcia wilbur marcia.k.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:10:22 MST 2015

Hi Everyone,

We (CopperLUG) are holding a west side Installfest on March 7, from 8am to
2 pm at Emerald Computers.

7642 W Vogel #3, Peoria, AZ

We are NOT affiliated with Ubuntu and will install distros and Ubuntu upon
request.

Since I may have some ears open, this year, we started a drive to donate 50
Linux computers to the needy within our community.
After only a few weeks, we have 10 in hand and 7 more coming. The Linux
community has responded!

We were planning on holding an event to distribute these in Chandler, AZ.
However, since it's only February and we are getting a lot of positive
response, I would like to see if we could bring a few down to Tucson if
there are people who want some there.

The main issue is finding eligible parties willing to receive and use a
Linux computer. I was thinking for desktops, people in public housing.
Laptops can be distributed to anyone in need.

Let me know if you have a need in Tucson. Right now our criteria is - Needs
computer, will accept and use Linux. It will be a few months before we are
ready to distribute unless someone has an emergency. Then, we do have
several on hand.

Our machines are outfitted with Mint. Not Mint Debian but with advanced
notice we can install anything - Debian, Arch, Slack, a custom iso,
whatever. We are just keeping the machines consistent at this point.

Also, we are open to suggestions for apps to install or have on the
machine.
Obviously... midnight commander is at the top of the list along with emacs.
:)