[Tfug] Roll your own Mac

Mr Brevity Bexley410 at aim.com
Tue Sep 23 14:39:34 MST 2014

On 9/23/2014 9:27 AM, Matt Jacob wrote:
> It's relatively easy if you have the right hardware.

And THAT is the $64,000 question!

> There's a reason why there are entire sites devoted to this...
>
> http://www.tonymacx86.com
> http://www.hackintosh.com

Yes, I've been there (and elsewhere).  Unless you can find what you
*have* in a published list, it seems like its a crap shoot.

E.g., you can install Windows on a machine (damn near ANY machine),
play with it and then decide you don't want to "activate" it and
let it "self-expire" at the end of the activation period (assuming
you haven't wiped the disk before then).