[Tfug] Recent Systemd thread

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Mon Oct 27 11:13:06 MST 2014

Hi,

I installed and configured a LAMP / Samba server in VirtualBox this
weekend and other than the system commands nothing sees much different.
I do not live on the server like some of you so my needs are less than
yours, as is my exposure.  I am a LAMP developer so I only work on Linux
when I need something.  I also run Linux on my workstation, however that
is a lot less demanding than being sys admin.

When I first read about systemd a week or so ago I was heart broken.  I
already miss sys v init. After reading some...  I wondered what the
motive was?  Feels like an M$ type of take over.  I understand systemd
originated at Redhat.  What would be their motive and why would most of
the distros follow?

I always though Linux / Free Unix folks would rebel against such a move?

Is this a coup d'etat or something good?

Keith

--
Keith Smith