[Tfug] OT: business-class laptops for sale (cheap!)

Matt Jacob matt at jacobmail.org
Thu Nov 13 09:11:43 MST 2014

Hey TFUG,

I have two HP EliteBook 8530p laptops that I'm not using, and it seems
like a shame to leave them sitting around, doing nothing. So, I thought
I'd offer them up here for less than what I could sell them for on eBay,
because the prospect of eBay fees, PayPal fees, shipping fees, and more
PayPal fees doesn't particularly excite me. Here are the configurations:

Laptop 1:
* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.80 GHz processor
* 4 GB memory
* 160 GB hard drive
* Windows Vista Business preinstalled
* 1 power brick
* Docking station
* HP leather laptop bag

Laptop 2:
* Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHz processor
* 4 GB memory
* 160 GB hard drive
* Windows Vista Business *license*, but no OS installed
* 2 power bricks
* Docking station
* HP leather laptop bag

Price is $150 each or $250 for both.

Throw an SSD in there and max out the RAM at 8 GB, and you've got a
pretty decent little computer for well under $300.

Matt