[Tfug] Smart phone/tablet PC connectivity

erich erich1 at copper.net
Mon May 5 21:21:48 MST 2014

Well,
         What I have now is a server,(two actually),with a USB port with
a cellular
modem. It's 3G, kinda slow, and 3G is slowly becoming obsolete
I could buy a tablet wireless (Think Samsung/Apple), but that
would render the rest of my little computer empire useless/obsolete.
I'm willing to pay for one cell network subscription, not two, or three.
         Remember when there were just wireline  phones? My grand-
mother had one for at least 30 years. Now not only do cell phones
become obsolete in the blink of an eye. Even connectivity formats
change 3G  4G LTE CDMA TDMA etc. If I don't keep on top of
it, my Linux machines will become doorstops/paperweights.

Erich