[Tfug] Smart phone/tablet PC connectivity

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri May 2 20:33:02 MST 2014

What appeals to me,
         Is the size & efficiency. It looks like Intel has realized that
you can make a fast processor that isn't an energy guzzler. Looks
like ARM gave them a run for their money :)
         I can conceive this as a server/router with cellular
broadband on one side and iptables on the other side for my
legacy system of boxes. (It would have to be docked
with to its accessory for this).
         There are cell phone carriers that refuse to service broad-
band cell modems. This would be a way around that. Their ads
don't mention any specific cell network provider. So the internal
chipset will accept all bands/all carriers. (I think)
          What I'm trying to do is maximize my options: to
get the best internet service for the best price.

Erich