[Tfug] systemd

Nick Lopez nick at glowingmonkey.org
Thu May 1 16:31:33 MST 2014

On May 1, 2014, at 3:59 PM, Jude Nelson <judecn at gmail.com> wrote:
….

 That’s a lot of work to be a crumudgen/init-hipster.

  I kind of like systemd because I hate boilerplate and 90+% of init scripts are the same boilerplate template with varied typos and bugs. I don’t know if systemd will fare better than upstart or any of the other init-revamps but it does work and looks like a pretty clean & maintainable structure. I’ve only moved my laptop over to it so far, the myth box will try it the next time it gets rebooted for some reason and I haven’t put any thought into switching any servers to it yet.

  - nick