[Tfug] systemd

Nick Lopez nick at glowingmonkey.org
Thu May 1 15:40:17 MST 2014

On May 1, 2014, at 3:30 PM, erich <erich1 at copper.net> wrote:

> Is everybody using it now?
  Everybody, I don’t think so. I switched my crusty laptop over to it and it made a huge difference in wake-up speed. Now it takes less than a second for the wireless to reactivate, where it would take 5-10 before. Boot up is faster too, back in February when I last rebooted.

> I've decided that the upgrades to my box are so drastic. That
> I'm installing on a new hard drive off line rather than monkey
> with an existing system that uses init. (I'm also getting Grub 2.
> This means making an extra partition on the new drive)
  Systemd is a drop in replacement on Debian.