[Tfug] Gnome usage

Zack Breckenridge zbrdge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 01:55:08 MST 2014

I say it's not worth the hassle if you have to pull in all the dependencies
manually. I usually keep Gnome installed if it's there by default, or else
never install it, and use a "light weight" tiling window manager like dwm.

I'm not a big fan of complex GUIs anyway as I believe they tend to get in
the way more than they help. Although this requires more CLI knowledge, I
don't believe you have to be a command line super user to do basic tasks
like watch movies (mplayer /path/to/movie).

Just my .02

Zack B.