[Tfug] Poor man's GUI

Freeman, Don dfreeman at pagnet.org
Mon Mar 10 17:10:04 MST 2014

Suppose you have a dropdown with possible choices. Your user makes a choice
and then does a saveas and saves it as an htm file. The result files will
show this:

	<select name="ctl00$MainContent$DriveAlone_DDL" id="DriveAlone_DDL">
	<option value="0">0</option>
	<option value="1">1</option>
	<option value="2">2</option>
	<option selected="selected" value="3">3</option>
	<option value="4">4</option>
	<option value="5">5</option>
	<option value="6">6</option>
	<option value="7">7</option>
	</select>

Which indicates 3 was the selected value. I find it difficult to imagine how
your application could make sense of this without another step to parse it
out. Another choice would be to write some vbscript that would look at the
controls and their values and then generate a string that could be saved as
a text file unencumbered with all the additional clutter.

-Don