[Tfug] Western DIgital MyCloud

JD Rogers rogersjd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 11:08:28 MST 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Leo Przybylski <r351574nc3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just found rsync on mine which is great news for linux users. You
> don't have to use cifs, smbfs, or nfs for transfers. You can just use
> rsync to handle your backups. With a few scripts and incremental
> backup solution should be possible.

Yep, as long as it accepts ssh connections you can always rsync to it, but
its nice to be able to script rsync's from the device as well. Since I am
mostly using it to backup laptops that are suspended at night, I won't be
able to pull data, but at least I can push easily. I also noticed it
supports time machine, so for the mac's it is all set (though I haven't
tried it yet).