[Tfug] (no subject)

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 20:29:06 MST 2014

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well tonight!!

I bought an i5 from Dell and was unable to created a rescue disk because I did not want to load Windows on the HD directly (I'm hoping to get Win installed in a virtual machine).  So I called Dell and told them of my intentions of running Linux on my new box and they sent me a rescue disk at no cost.  Great customer service!!

I was also pleasantly surprised when I loaded Kubuntu on this box and I only had to answer maybe 3 questions.  When it was done installing, which was rather quick, I was connected to my LANS and had access to the Internet.

To config my printer which is on an IP all I had to do was point and click and I'm now printing.

I was even able to use the file manager to access my SMB server.

And being able to watch a video only required downloading the decryption libs.

I am amazed at how advance Linux is now.  I tried twice to wean myself off M$ and I was not able to do so.  I think this time it will stick!!

Good Job Linux Community!!