[Tfug] Tiny "serial console" --- Re: tfug Digest, Vol 127, Issue 13

shanna leonard ssl at email.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 17 20:19:07 MST 2014

Hmm, Maybe something like this for $50?

www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-MobilePro-780-MC-R530A-Compact-Portable-PocketPC-Computer-Tested-Working-/181302705029

Also it looks like there are Dell D430's around for < $70 or so, 12"
screen.

On the other hand, if all I wanted was a terminal interface to a serial
connection, This would be more fun. I think we have one somewhere stored
at work:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-VT320-A2-Terminal-/161227098537?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories

with a DB-9 to DB 25 cable, and a keyboard, you would be set forever,
and no worries about whether your serial port was real or not.

Course I guess its not so tiny. :(