[Tfug] OT: World Care update

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 15 21:39:25 MST 2014

Hi,

As some of you know, World Care vacated the schoolhouse
they had been using as their base of operations back in
November.

Sam Levitz (Furniture) graciously accommodated them in
his 36th st warehouse (it was my understanding that this
was a temporary situation while they sought a permanent
place of their own).

Chuck and Pam, the two "names" associated with the efforts
behind the scenes at WC have both resigned their positions,
there (effective 2/28).

I'm unsure what this means for the availability of surplus
equipment sold through WC.  Publicly, WC seems to be moving
to more of a "recycling center":  more like what the city
already does in their hazardous/electronic waste recycling
program.

Of course, even if they abandon the "resale" business, there
are still UofA (and other organizations) auctions and innumerable
thrift/second-hand shops in town that accept/refurbish/resell
old kit -- allowing for reUSE (the ultimate form of recycling!).

Anyway... folks looking for odds and ends should probably
drop by sooner rather than later -- if only to give your regards
to these two folks who've spent so many years (35+ between them)
providing these services to Tucson.