[Tfug] video scan disable

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 28 19:33:43 MST 2013

Hi Erich,

On 9/28/2013 1:41 PM, erich wrote:
> Whew!
>      So many questions.
>
> Well, you're right It's probably "blanking/shutdown mode", because the
> power indicator is blinking. This happens weather  I am in a text mode
> or weather startx, (ie an x-session) is running.

Again:

All of your machines (save one) automatically blank the monitor/screen
after some period of inactivity.  But, the MythTV box does not?  I.e.,
you want to know how to get the MythTV box to behave like the others...

Are they running identical kernels, etc.

Look through your rc scripts to see if anything is talking to
setterm(1).  IIRC, you have to diddle the driver *before* starting X
(though the rc scripts should handle that for you in the normal
course of events)

Also check the value of $TERM (on the MythTV box vs the other boxes)