[Tfug] Lightweight IDS options/strategy/policy

vaca at grazeland.com vaca at grazeland.com
Tue Sep 24 22:18:47 MST 2013

Tuning of an IDS can be very time consuming for some of the reasons mentioned here.  When is it innocent?  When is it a virus or a hacker?  That doesn't mean, however, that in a secure environment you just omit it.

IDS is a basic building block for secure networks.  It is part of any comprehensive defense-in-depth strategy...as would be a documented and rehearsed security incident response plan.

Tyler