[Tfug] And another one down

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Mon Sep 9 14:55:23 MST 2013

I posted on the raid group asking about mixing a WD red with the segates
that are there now and it doesn't sound good. First response was about
drives being kicked out when they are still good until they where all
changed to reds.

Also, they are saying that enterprise drives are more touchy about
vibrations. That some high speed fans can cause them troubles. I would
expect them to be more resistant to vibrations because in big servers
you are going to have more drives and fans and things to cause
vibrations and resonant vibrations which are even stronger.