[Tfug] Two factor authentication

Steve B steveb7 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:29:28 MST 2013

I've been tinkering with two factor authentication using the guide from -
http://linuxconfig.org/linux-authentication-login-with-usb-device

for the most part it works quite well, with one exception. When I have a
terminal session open and try to run "sudo <something>" I get an error
saying access denied. Running debug on pamusb-check the last three lines
after finding the volume say:

[src/pad.c:064] CAnnot open device file: Permission denied
* Pad checking failed !
* Access denied.

If I look at the permissions on the USB device I'm pretty sure this is the
problem, but I'm a little fuzzy on the proper way to fix it. Suggestions?

brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 16 2013-09-18 16:12 /dev/sdb
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 17 2013-09-18 16:12 /dev/sdb1