[Tfug] Network partitioning

vaca at grazeland.com vaca at grazeland.com
Sat Nov 2 02:33:03 MST 2013

Potato, po-tah-to here.  Your "domains and router" are in actuality my "VLANs with routing between them."  The "pre-configured" ports A,B, etc are really pre-built "ACLs."

I tend to think of just doing it all on one device and letting the configuration drive everything versus your approach which would be more old-school.  Instead of VLANs, you have true separate LANs.  This requires more hardware and isn't as scalable or flexible.

Either way you can preconfigure everything and make it either simple or complex at your own discretion.  This is also a pretty "standard" or "normal" way of accomplishing your goals, so you would have a lot of choices and folks that can help you.

Hope this helps clarify.

Tyler