[Tfug] Is Social Networking Sites Reducing Activity on This List?

Zack Williams zdwzdw at gmail.com
Wed May 1 11:59:52 MST 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I belong to a number of tech mailing lists such as PLUG and AZPHP.  The
> AZPHP list has gone almost completely dark.  It has been that way for maybe
> 3 years??
>
> I'm wondering if the social networking websites might be drawing down
> membership and activity.

Alternatively, did people switch to more focused and/or wider area
listservs?  Or jump to other methods of communication like IRC, etc.?

You could research this by finding a few of the prolific posters
pre-listserv death, and search for their email addresses on a search
engine, to see where else they've been posting more recently, if at all.

- Zack