[Tfug] OT: Domestic water treatment

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon May 6 14:20:43 MST 2013

Hi,

Anyone have any first-hand experience, horror stories
or "The Straight Dope" on treating domestic water in
Tucson?  Particularly forward thinking towards the
inevitability of "recycled effluent" and how best to
cope with that?

Apparently, you can spend a small fortune trying to
protect against "everything".  And, barring a natural
disaster, I suspect much of that is needless expense?
(e.g., UV treatment, etc.)

I'm looking at the more practical side -- whole house
filtration, softening and point of use filtration (or
possibly RO for drinking water).

(sigh)  I never realized how much I've taken "water"
for granted prior to coming to Tucson!  :-/

As this isn't appropriate for the list (apologies),
please respond via PM.

Thx,
--don