[Tfug] OT: Phones..... Argh!

nick nick at glowingmonkey.org
Fri Mar 22 23:11:44 MST 2013

On 2013-03-22 21:05, John Gruenenfelder wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Nick Lopez <nick at glowingmonkey.org>
> wrote:
> The default CM home app, called Trebuchet, is rather nice, but I was
> very surprised that you cannot organize your apps into folders... que
> the hell?  This is a "problem" that was solved a very long time ago.
> I'm probably going to try a different low-memory home app (with
> folder
> support, of course) to see if I can free up a little RAM.
   I've moved to ActionLauncher, but I used Trebuchet for months and it
does do folders there just isn't a "new folder" button. You just have to
drag one app on top of another and you'll get a little circle/folder
graphic and that's it. That was actually done in stock Android circa 3.0
I think and has been adopted by Trebuchet. ActionLauncher expands the
concept to include defaults; IE, you can make a folder and pick a
default so when you tap you get the default, but you can swipe up and
expand the folder. I use it for browsers (Chrome default) and chat apps
(SMS)

   Your adventures have reminded me that there's a Jelly Bean build for
my old & tiny phone I wanted to try. My old Aria has even less ram than
your Droid 3, it should be "interesting" :)

   - nick