[Tfug] Linux kernel tcp delay options 4e7uzube

Nick Lopez nick at glowingmonkey.org
Sat Jun 8 17:05:30 MST 2013

How are you doing the transfer, with Kmail? If your connecting over IMAP to cyrus your probably loosing some time in the round trips of post a message, fsync, send confirmation loops, i wouldn't think it'd be that bad though. If you stuck with Maildir and dovecot you could just scp over a tarball with no per-message penalties. Or do the same with cyrus and and use one of the Maildir to Cyrus conversion scripts on the server.

Also, the dovecot indexes make opening big Maildirs nearly instantaneous over IMAP. Cyrus does something similar I think