[Tfug] PDF Scripting examples

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 02:25:06 MST 2013

Hi Robert,

On 7/15/2013 1:45 AM, Robert Hunter wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Bexley Hall <bexley401 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> A few pages showing examples of scripted PDF's.  Most are
>> pretty lame (swat flies??) but shows how a document can
>> interact with the reader/user "non-passively".
>
> I was able to view the files, but none of the dynamic behaviors worked for
> me.  I used the PDF-viewer that comes with Gmail.  I also tried Evince, the
> default PDF-viewer that comes with Debian.  Do these features only work
> with Acrobat?

That was one of the initial questions I had posed.

Viewing them from "Adobe Reader" (since "Acrobat" now means something
different than it did, originally) shows the intended behavior(s).

So, I guess the "wannabes" don't implement the advanced features
that Adobe supports (I should find a PDF with an embedded *movie*
and see if that, also, "doesn't work")

--don