[Tfug] Web server names

Zack Breckenridge zbrdge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 17:38:18 MST 2013

Yes, I think that usually means "Content Distribution Network".
Akamai, for example, comes to mind. Usually, I think of a CDN as
serving up larger (though still "static") files from the nearest
available location to the requesting user. So, obviously there will be
multiple DNS records associated with a 'cdn' name. Their web server(s)
will also probably be configured as caching web servers, caching the
most oft-requested files in memory, etc.

- Zack