[Tfug] Slightly OT: Weird home networking issue

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 18:26:07 MST 2013

hi Eric,

On 2/22/2013 6:09 PM, Eric Vorrie wrote:
> Look, we all know the Hadron Collider wasn't replaced but fixed by you
> Bexley simply because you *understand* it.

No, I *don't*!  As such, I would *ask* before starting down a
repair *or* replace route -- since I wouldn't know which would be
the most appropriate course of action (for the resources that I
had available).

*Hopefully*, I would find others with the necessary expertise
and the *willingness* to share it so I wasn't deprived of that
choice!

> For the rest of us, and
> maybe for Chris, buying our own router would be the best choice.  Hope that
> helps Chris.

And what if *that* develops a problem?  When do you stop being a
mindless consumer and more of an *active* one?  Presumably, Chris
is interested in understanding the cause and potential remedies
available to him instead of *simply* sitting and waiting for a
("free"?) replacement (else, why post his question, here?).  Or,
starting on an undirected search for an alternative device (with
an unknown set of "problems")