[Tfug] Cabling

Angus Scott-Fleming angussf at geoapps.com
Fri Dec 20 20:07:56 MST 2013

On 30 Nov 2013 at 8:41, keith smith  wrote:

> I was exposed to something like this. The person who did the
> original cabling, enter twined the cables with the tables.

intertwined?

> They used wire ties to secure the bundles. Was a nice job
> until the Janitor decided to wax and buff the floor and had
> to remove the tables. He unbundled everything and afterwards
> there was lots of cables to figure out and to put back.
>
> I think the solution would have been to create the bundle
> and then attache it to the table via wire ties. That way the
> bundle could be removed and easily put back.

Permanent wire ties suck.

I like to use something like these:

    Amazon.com: Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties, 0.5 Inches x 8
    Inches Long, Black, 100 Ties per Pack (91140): Office Products
    http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusable-Self-Gripping-Inches-91140/dp/B001E1Y5O6

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona