[Tfug] Western Digital "red" drives?

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Tue Apr 2 12:38:39 MST 2013

My first Tv was a Sony XBR line. Lasted some 25 years. Still had a great
picture, but the HV went out and you could no longer get parts. New tv
also a sony, But I can see the lack of thought in it's design
everywhere. Simple things that could have been done better in the
software like allowing for duplicate channel numbers like our cheap
converter box can do, when you turn it on, you get a pic right away,
then it goes black and the TV has to finish "turning on" for anything to
work. Channel changes same thing. Get pic and sound right away as you
should, but then goes dark for several seconds while it does what ever
it is doing.

So much of it is the engineers and programers just putting in their time
to get a pay check doing as little as they can get away with, not taking
a minute to think how the product works, or what would make it better
and more user friendly. Instead they dumb everything down removing
controls/functions that where standard before all they had to do was
write a few lines of code to put it in.