[Tfug] Recessed "RJ45" wall plate

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 04:11:38 MST 2012

Hi Steve,

--- On Fri, 9/21/12, az teech <azteech at gmail.com> wrote:

> See if this fits the bill.
> http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/QuickViewService?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&R=202689906&catEntryId=202689906

No, the "scoops" won't do it -- unless there is a way I can
remove the back "deflector" and fasten something like a
Decora filler plate in its place?

> if not, then see if levitron still makes their version

I found this:

<http://www.amazon.com/Arlington-DVFR1W-1-Recessed-Electrical-Mounting/dp/B002W6ZOR4/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_2_1/190-7702286-9764751>

which should accept a regular wall plate *within* the recessed
opening -- though "regular" wall plates come in different sizes
and I haven't found an engineering drawing that spells out
the actual dimensions of the "inner recess" (nor have I found
anything that quantifies just how much the "recess" is!  :< )

But, there are some apparent discrepancies in the photos on the
above referenced page leading me to believe two *different*
products (or revisions?) were used in preparing the description
(one of which is acceptable while the other isn't).

I'll have to call the manufacturer to see what The Straight Dope
is -- then *hope* I can find a vendor with exactly that
"revision" on hand!  <frown>

Thanks!
--don