[Tfug] CMP *in* ductwork?

Harry McGregor micros at osef.org
Mon Sep 10 21:14:22 MST 2012

Hi,

Personal soap box....

I *HATE* CMP aka Plenum cabling.

US building codes are based on visible smoke, and CMP cabling has Teflon
in it to increase the temp at which it gives off visible smoke.

Personally I prefer the .eu way, which is more worried about bad things
in the smoke then the amount or when the smoke starts (ie low halogen
cabling).

In either case, I have seen CMP cabling run inside duct work, don't know
if I would recommend it with evap or heavy heating loads....

-Harry