[Tfug] Recessed "RJ45" wall plate

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 11:05:13 MST 2012

Hi,

I'm having a helluva time finding a *recessed* wall
plate that can support an RJ45!  Even supporting
*several* is challenging!!

E.g.,

<http://static.zoovy.com/img/kyledesign/W500-H500-Bffffff-V1/electrical_devices/leviton_recessed_outlets_modular_jacks_690w.jpg>

supports a duplex NEMA (power) outlet plus 6 "keystone"
fittings.  But, there's no way to rid yourself of the
power outlet!!  <frown>

(I.e., a single gang wall plate that embodies just the right
half of that unit would be acceptable.  A more ideal solution
would be something that only supports *one* keystone... or,
is "fixed" to a single RJ45!)

Any pointers?  Or, do I have to manually recess a shallow
box (would require a larger hole in the wall to accommodate
recessing a conventional "single keystone" faceplate).

Sheesh!  Who'd have thought these sorts of things would be
so hard to find...

--don