[Tfug] Graphics card opinion

Steve B steveb7 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 08:13:58 MST 2012

An opportunity pickup a 256M ATI card for cheap was what prompted the
question. Ideally I'd rather yank the Core Duo and upgrade to a Core 2 but
I can't get a definitive answer from Dell. Apparently the 760 will take a
quad core, but it's dependent on the mainboard. Dell had two versions of
the board for the 760. One will take dual and quad core CPU's, but the
other will only take dual core. However, I can't find the relevant info on
how to decipher which board I have now.